“Cookies” are small data files that are stored on the hard drive of the computer you use to view a website. Every computer that accesses a TechScope Site is assigned a different cookie by TechScope. Different Cookies serve different purposes:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages within a TechScope Site. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time, e.g., when you leave the website or when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies enable us to recognize you when you visit a TechScope Site and remember your preferences. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than TechScope and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and sessions. They are usually persistent cookies and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
- “Web Beacons” are graphic image files embedded in a page of a website typically used to monitor activity on the page and send back to its home server (which can belong to the host site, a network advertiser, or some other third party) information from your browser, such as the IP address, the URL of the page on which the Web Beacon is located, the type of browser that is accessing the site and the ID number of any cookies on your computer previously placed by that server.
- “Application SDKs” are mobile application third-party software development kits that are embedded in mobile applications. These app SDKs permit the collection of information about the app itself, activity in the app, and the device the application is running on.
Cookie on the TechScope Sites
The cookies on the TechScope Sites are generally used for one of the following purposes:
- Essential functionality. These cookies are essential to access some areas of the TechScope Sites.
- Important functionality. These cookies enable us to remember your preferences. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video.
- Performance and Analytics. These cookies enable us to analyze how visitors use the TechScope Sites and monitor website performance. We use the information collected by these Cookies to improve the performance of the TechScope Sites and our Services.
We work with third-party ad networks to display advertising on the TechScope Sites and on third-party sites. Our ad network vendors use technologies to collect information about your activities on the TechScope Sites to provide you cookie-based targeted advertising based upon your browsing activity and your interests. The specific providers we use are subject to change, however below is a list of some of our current ad network partners:
Because your browser or device communicates with these third parties respective servers, these companies can collect information, including your IP address, page header information, and browser or device information, just as if you had requested their website or used their apps directly. These companies may collect information to deliver customized ads on both the TechScope Sites and non-TechScope websites, applications, and services. In some situations, TechScope may interact with these companies outside of your browser or device, directly between our web servers.
Most browser software can be set to reject cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” “Settings” or “Preferences” sections of your browser’s toolbar. If you reject our cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of our websites may not work properly but you do not have to accept our cookies in order to productively use most features of our websites.
You may also control interest-based advertising on your mobile device by enabling the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS device’s settings or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android device’s settings. This will not prevent you from seeing advertisements but will limit the use of device advertising identifiers to personalize ads based on your interests. If you have questions about how to reject Cookies on your specific device please check with the device manufacturer.